Yggdrasil Gaming (est. in 2013) is a young Malta-headquartered company that has so far developed about 50 graphically rich and feature-packed video slots. The Yggdrasil Gaming solutions are easily recognizable by the branded toolbar at the bottom left corner of the reel panel, which can be used to set up the gameplay to your personal preferences.
Distinctive hallmarks of Yggdrasil Gaming casino slots
- in the Game Settings menu, you may slow down or increase the speed of the spin by moving the slider left or right;
- the developer uses mainly four card suits (Clubs, Spades, Hearts and Diamonds) for low-paying symbols, instead of playing card ranks (Aces, Kings, etc.) as other slot vendors do;
- wilds that are often used in their traditional role as substitutes get some extra functionality and become stacked wilds, spreading wilds or transforming wilds. The Yggdrasil slots also have bonus games, special bonus modes, respins and free spins;
- the company focuses on video slots, meaning that classic 3-reel machines are not available in their suite, as of writing. The 5-reel slots have a classic (5×3) or diamond-shaped reel layout (3x4x5x4x3);
- there are currently three progressive slots: Joker Millions (released in 2015), Holmes and the Stolen Stones (2015), and Empire Fortune (Oct 2016), all having a pooled progressive jackpot.